Saturday, July 21, 2007

Me, Max & World War Z!

Hello,

Way back in mid February of this year I got to meet Max Brookes. The author of The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z. If you're a zombie fan and have NOT read these books, Shame on you! They are without a doubt two of the greatest books ever written on the subject of the undead. The Zombie Survival Guide published in 2003, is a fictional survival manual that deals with the potentiality of an undead attack. Brooks lays out detailed plans for the average citizen to survive zombie uprisings of varying intensity. World War Z charts the war against the undead from global pandemic to mass panic, and then to the eventual armed struggle to reclaim the planet. Rather than a grand overview or a single perspective, it is instead a collection of individual accounts, each revealing an aspect of the larger plot and simultaneously presenting a very personal tale. These different accounts take the form of interviews.
The book is being adapted into a film by Brad Pitts company. I told Max that he was one of the people who inspired me to create My Living Dead Girl and gave him GAK buttons, a Courtney button and some other cool stuff from the My Living Dead Girl Shop!. He quietly said "Thanks." He loved the postcard of Courtney attacking a fellow student on the bus and told me he would check out the web site and then signed my books. See below...



"Noble Name." and "Love Your Work!" How's that for endorsements? Is it a stretch to say, "Max Brookes Loves My Living Dead Girl." Maybe. At lest I can hold my head up with pride.

GAK!

No comments: